Global Economic Databank
Compare economic data across over 200 countries
An analytical database of economic indicators for 201 countries, the services provides access to hundreds of series for each country, with a complete view of macroeconomic and socioeconomic data, trends, and forecasts.
Updated each month in line with our baseline forecast, this database draws on our fully-integrated Global Economic Model to provide detailed and internally consistent historical and forecast data on all regions of the globe. Data go as far back as 1980, and look ahead to 2050. Our economists rigorously review a continuous inflow of data worldwide to produce up-to-date global economic analysis and financial forecasts.
What the service includes
- Extensive databank. A range of economic indicators for every country, including GDP and domestic demand, prices and wages, labour market, trade, balance of payments, financial indicators, government accounts, and socioeconomic and demographic data sets.
- Consistent forecasts. Forecasts are produced using our Global Economic Model, the most widely-used forecasting framework. This ensures that all forecasts are consistent across countries, regions, trading blocs, and the world.
- Regular updates. The service is updated each month with our new baseline forecast, and looks ahead to 2050 with historical data back to 1980.
Software and support
- Advanced analytical functions. Our web-based databank allows users to quickly build custom queries and view data in tables, dashboards, charts, or maps with full export as an image or to Excel.
- Economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.
Our models, forecasts, and datasets can be customised to fit the unique needs of your organisation. Learn more.
The Global Economic Databank provides hundreds of indicators for each country, covering key areas of the economy such as:
- GDP and domestic demand
- Prices and wages
- Labour market and population
- Trade and balance of payments
- Financial indicators
- Personal sector
- Housing market
- Company sector
- Government accounts
- Commodity prices
- Risk indicators
- Socioeconomic data
- Household income
- Consumer spending
- Retail sales
Subscribers to the full service also receive access to our Country Economic Forecasts and our monthly review of world economic prospects.